The University of Montana will celebrate 125 years of excellence Sunday through Saturday, Feb. 11-17, 2018.
Celebrate 125 Week events include:
Tuesday, Feb. 13:
- 4-7 p.m.: UM Birthday Palooza at the University Center. The UC transforms into an event-filled birthday party especially targeted toward students. Activities will include:
- Performances in the atrium from the UM Circus Club.
- Live music in the Copper Commons.
- Big Sky Breakout will set up an escape room and have "break-in" boxes scattered around the UC.
- KBGA will broadcast live on the third floor balcony facing the Mansfield Library.
- The UM Ice-Holes (the ice fishing club) will have a ‘fish pond’ for prizes.
- Students in the Big Sky Culinary Arts Institute at Missoula College will carve ice sculptures.
- UM trivia scavenger hunt.
- Laser tag in the UC Ballroom.
- $1.25 hot dog meals.
- Screenings of the UM 125 video in the UC Theater.
- 7:15 p.m. on the Oval: 125th Fireworks Extravaganza
Thursday, Feb. 15:
- 4:30-6 p.m.: UM Alumni Association will present the 125th Charter Day Awards at the town-and-gown gala. Awards include:
- Montana Alumni Award
- ASUM Student Service Award
- Robert T. Pantzer Presidential Humanitarian Award
- Neil S. Bucklew Presidential Service Award
- Tom Boone Town and Gown Award
- Outstanding Community Engagement Award
- John Ruffatto Memorial Award
- George M. Dennison Presidential Faculty Award for Distinguished Accomplishment
- George M. Dennison Presidential Staff Award for Distinguished Accomplishment
- President Seth Bodnar's "Vision for the Future" presentation as keynote speaker.
- 6-7 p.m.: Reception in the foyer of the Gilkey Building, presented by the UM Foundation and the UM Alumni Association.
- 7:05 p.m.: Lady Griz basketball vs. Eastern Washington. $1.25 tickets, special recognition of the 125th birthday with cake served in the lobby.
- 4-6 p.m.: Enhanced campus social for UM faculty and staff with a 125th theme.