Register Your Travel

Edit existing registry:


A panoramic picture of Paris

UM International Travel Registry

The University of Montana provides a secure system for faculty, staff and students to record travel plans and contact information. The registry is a convenient one-stop service that supports emergency communications access and helps to ensure that travelers have adequate medical and emergency evacuation and repatriation insurance coverage.

Who is required to register travel?

  • All UM faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes. (See UM International Travel Policy).
  • Travels should be registered 30 days prior to departure. Travelers can update their registration by logging in to their existing registration from the link above.
  • If international travel will be paid via a sponsored project (grant, contract, cooperative agreement), airline purchases must comply with the  Fly America Act (49 U.S.C. 40118) and use certified US air carriers via the Open Skies Agreements, or prepare and maintain departmental documentation explaining why the regulation was not followed. See more information regarding travel on sponsored projects.

What are the benefits of the Travel Registry?

  • Emergency Communications: Your travel registration enables UM to reach you in the event of an emergency. The travel registry is the University’s official means for sharing urgent health, safety and security related information.

What do I need to know before I start my travel registration ?

  • Documents needed:   

Travelers should upload the biographical page of their passport and a copy of their insurance card as part of travel registration. Individuals enrolled in the HTH Worldwide Insurance Services policy through UM do not need to upload their insurance card.

Faculty/staff at UM-Missoula, Helena College, Montana Tech, and Western use their NetID and password to loginPlease click "I have username and password" and submit.

Students at UM-Missoula use their NetID and password to login.

Students at Helena College, Montana Tech, and Western will need to create login credentials and will click "I do not have log in credentials" and submit. An e-mail will be sent to them with temporary credentials. They will need to login within 7 days of receiving their temporary credentials by clicking NON-UM LOGIN/REGISTER.

NOTE: If you have registered your travel before, your previous address abroad will appear, so simply just edit it.