Financial Aid and Scholarships
There are many opportunities to help you fund your study abroad experience. Learn how your financial aid will apply and about scholarships.
Most UM scholarships and student loans, except work-study, may be applied toward the study abroad programs offered through The University of Montana. For programs for which you do not pay UM tuition (such as Partner Direct and ISEP Direct) tuition waivers, LAS Awards, CalMurphy Scholarships, WUE Scholarships, and work-study funding cannot be applied. Students should consult the Financial Aid Office, Enrollment Services and awarding departments for details.
There are also many Partner Exchange, ISEP, and other UM scholarships as well as scholarships administered by outside entities such as the U.S. Government.
- Yoshiko Komai - $2900 scholarship for a student attending Toyo University (in Japan) through UM's Partner University Program
- JASSO - Scholarship from the Japanese Ministry of Education that covers travel and living expenses for a student participating in a UM-sponsored Japanese study abroad program
- Monbukagakusho - A scholarship from the Japanese Ministry of Education covering travel and living expenses for a student attending Kumamoto University or Sophia University (in Japan) through UM's Partner University Program
- The Jenna Ness Memorial Scholarship- Annual $1000 scholarship for women who study abroad for a minimum of one semester on a UM-sponsored education abroad program. Deadline: April 15
- Latin American Studies Scholarships- Four $500 scholarships for students minoring in Latin American Studies and studying abroad in the Spring or in the Summer. Deadline: November 15
- The Dailey Study Abroad Scholarships- Two $1500 scholarships jointly administered by the Davidson Honors College and the Global Engagement Office. Deadline: March 15
- Public Policy Grant Awards - $500 - $2000 scholarships administered by the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Center. Deadline: TBA
- DHC Study Abroad Scholarships - Up to $500 scholarship for education abroad programs and for IE3 Global Internships anywhere in the world. Only Davidson Honors College students are eligible. Deadline: April 15 (for summer or fall semester) October 30 (for winter session or spring semester)
- Peter H. Koehn & Phyllis B. Ngai Scholarship- Annual one-time-only scholarship award of $1,000 for international students in the International Development Studies Program. Deadline: TBA