Student Insurance

All students traveling abroad for any university-related activities are required to purchase international insurance coverage from GeoBlue Worldwide Health Insurance for Higher Education except if their program requires them to enroll in a specific insurance policy comparable to GeoBlue's policy. This policy includes coverage for medical expenses as well as coverage for medical, political & security, and natural disaster evacuation.

More information on GeoBlue enrollment can be found here.

Please view the complete MUS Certificate 2017. The cost is $12.20/week.

Students participating in UM-Sponsored Education Abroad programs such as Partner University or ISEP Exchanges or Faculty-Directed Study Abroad programs are automatically enrolled in the GeoBlue policy unless the program requires students to purchase a different policy that is comparable to GeoBlue.

Students participating in any other UM-sponsored activities abroad (research, internships, practicum,  non-UM sponsored study abroad programs, student teaching, community or university service, conferences, or travel by registered student organizations, club sports, or varsity athletic teams)  are required to enroll in the GeoBlue policy. Note that UM-sponsored activities can include both credit and noncredit-bearing activities and any activity receiving UM financial support. To enroll, please complete your travel registration and contact Academic Enrichment Education Abroad at or 243-2278 to submit payment and verify coverage dates. If your program requires you to enroll in an insurance policy that you believe is comparable to GeoBlue's policy, please contact or 243-2278.

A sandy landscape with people on a dune