DAC Minutes - January 23, 2017
Website Proposed Changes
- Show progress
- Electronic Accessibility
- List UM assistive technology and where it’s located
Five years out
- YouTube better, Less in-house captioning
- Should they be put on YouTube without captions?
- So that ATN Can grab transcripts
- Will always be Verified by human
- Test all those with high impact on Campus
- Test things That have been used on Campus, but were never tested before
- ATN is reviewing whole category of Software and Compare all like pieces of Software
- Some Software is not accessible on a desktop but is accessible on mobile devices
- Is this an equally effective tool?
- More discussion and information is needed
- If a user has to spend more than 2× navigating a product is it still EE?
- How Much time is double time?
- When do we Call something a barrier?
- WCAG standards?
- Some students will always be slower than others
- 3rd Party Educational Software
- When do we not use because the books are inaccessible and we can't convert ?
Update on DAC
- We should do self-audit
- Janet is working on this some depts. Respond, others don't
- Janet can still audit their sites
- Report to ADA team and get them to back
- Documents Are a big issue
- People across campus are buying software
- Without Checking for accessibility
- Does Janet have power to Make changes?
- Software Purchasing?