DAC Minutes - May 8, 2017
- Alt Tags-how do we use them effectively for STEM Content?
- Screen readers can read MathML, but EPub3 readers cannot.
- How does EPub3 handle these?
- Will need to research problem
- DAC recommends changes in procurement
- Resolution Agreement says that we'll meet WCAG 2.0
- Should we add the phrase "with current WCAG Standards?"
- We should add the phrase that is in our resolution agreement (WCAG 2.1, Level AA)
- Janet will double check with the legal department
- Should we add language to our contracts with software vendors that says "Continuation of contract is contingent upon product being accessible?"
- Bob H. agrees that we should add it to standard agreements.
- Contract language specialist and legal department should double check the language and legality.
- All agree that stronger language is needed
Appendix B on the accessibility site
- Out dated and must be revised.
- Janet will remove it and archive it
Charging for Expedited ATS Services
- Students will NEVER be charged for any of their modifications.
- This will be an administrative charge for expedited services for campus departments
- There will be an administrative charge for expedited software processing, when the software needs to be prioritized.
Sonocent Note taker Software
- Free trial of 25 licenses for UM during Fall 2017 semester
- Timothy McHenry will coordinate the trial
- Instructors can use for lecture capture
- Students can use to effectively take notes
Library-Universal Design Working Group
- Universal Design specific to the library space, using current and best practices.
- Focus on the easy fixes first and then move on to the more complicated issues