Accessibility Training for Cascade Users
All Cascade users must complete accessibility training. Access the online web and document accessibility training on this site by logging in with your NetID, watching the video, and answering the multiple choice questions.
Procurement Accessibility Training
Training is available for those who procure electronic and information technology. Access the online procurement training on this site by logging in with your NetID, watching the video, and answering the multiple choice questions.
EITA Certification goes beyond the basic accessibility knowledge that most UM employees receive (EITA Basics, EITA for Adjuncts, Accessible Documents or Creating Accessible Documents and Accessible Syllabi).
To be eligible for certification, you must complete 4 hours of additional training from the areas listed below and then submit an application for an EITA certificate.
- Accessibility with Style (modifying Word styles)
- Accessible Forms Discussion
- Accessible Powerpoints
- Accessible STEM topics
- Alt tags and Images overview/discussion
- Creating Accessible PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Creating an Accessible Syllabus
- Creating your First Accessible Moodle Supplement
- EIT Procurement
- Moodle: Accessible Course Design
- New Features in Moodle
- Online Forums in Moodle - Accessible and Interactive
- Social Media and Accessible Student Collaboration
- Testing Web Content for Accessibility
- UM Captioning Options
- Using Adobe In-Design to create accessible publications
Additional courses will be listed on this page as they are announced and approved for inclusion in EITA Certification.