Information, education and support for EIT in University of Montana classrooms
Central and distributed IT provides multiple "high tech" classrooms. A list of such classrooms is maintained by the Registrar's office. These tech classrooms are largely accessible.
- The podiums are non-fixed.
- Buttons are brailled or being brailled.
- Captioning is supported in these rooms.
Nevertheless, additional activities are occurring to make them even more accessible.
- New controllers being installed during the Summer 2014 will allow ipad access to the controls.
- Brailling will be finished.
Support for Central IT supported classrooms should always start with a call to the support team using the phone number provided on each podium.
EIT used in classrooms
Support for clickers is provided through IT's Accessible Technology Services (ATS) at 243-HELP. Synchronization with Moodle is also provided through UMOnline's support desk at 243-4999.
Other hardware and software
All educational EIT should be accessible. Accessible Technology Services can answer questions about specific programs or hardware and can help research appropriate accessible educational technology for classroom and other uses.
Disability Services for Students helps determine individual accommodations both proactively and in the event that all of the above accessible standard-meeting EIT is not sufficient to provide access.
- Two weeks before the start of the semester, DSS checks all course and classroom combinations to ensure that students are able to access the classrooms.
- Classrooms are switched and accommodations are provided.