Getting Help

Reporting problems

The University will make reasonable accommodations or program modifications as appropriate to remove any barriers that may exist for an individual with a disability.

It is the disabled individual's responsibility to begin the reasonable accommodation discussion, and the University's responsibility to engage in a good-faith interaction with the individual, so that both parties can cooperate to develop a reasonable accommodation.

  • If you feel you are being discriminated against because of a disability or perception of disability, contact the University's ADA Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action to file a discrimination grievance.
  • If you encounter a physical, electronic, or programmatic barrier on the UM campus, such as an inoperative elevator or wheelchair lift, an inaccessible website, a blocked access ramp, or a refusal to make a reasonable accommodation, please file a barrier report to inform us of those barriers as quickly as possible so we can work to maintain access for everyone.
  • You may request mediation for a problem through Human Resource Services or through the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action.

Getting Help

  • Students who have a disability should contact Disability Services for Students (DSS) at (406) 243-2243 or Disability Services is located in Room 154 in the Lommasson Center.
  • Employees who need a reasonable accommodation for a disability should contact Human Resource Services (HRS) at (406) 243-6766. HRS is located in Room 252 in the Lommasson Center.
  • Individuals concerned about access for individuals with disabilities at the University may contact the ADA Team.