Web content providers
Fall 2014 steps for web content creators
Deadline: December 31, 2014 WCAG 2.0 AA standards for web pages, web sites, and documents and videos "attached" to those pages and sites.
- Learn the few simple steps to create accessible documents with little sweat and great benefit to you.
- Send image-based pdfs to email@example.com for quick, automatic "transformation" as minimally-accessible pdfs.
- Web pages:
- Let EITA (243-EITA) recommend a campus partner to evaluate the web pages and sites that you use or recommend, even for supplemental/optional reading in your class.
- Current UM captioning information is available in the EITA Guide or call 243-EITA for up-to-date information on captioning options.
Spring 2015 (or sooner if you wish to be more proactive)
- Watch the Guide for additional information about making specialized, industry-specific notation formats (such as math and chemistry notations) accessible.
- Watch the Guide for information about making publications accessible.
- Join the campus conversations about epub/edupub
- Watch this accessibility site for information about audio descriptions.