Combining statistics about number of college students and general population with disabilities, percentage of non-traditional students and numbers of international students, about 20% of UM students could benefit from accessible digital technology. That's 1 in every 5 students.
- The Draft UM EITA policy has been reviewed by ASUM, the Faculty and Staff Senates, Tech Partners and University Council.
- The Resolution Agreement has been signed.
- Individuals have pushed external vendors toward accessibility
- Faculty members have started to voluntarily caption their videos even without an identified student in their course
- Departments are moving into and through the self-study process
- Campus has acquired several new tools that can help all of us (firstname.lastname@example.org and Read Write Gold)
May 27, 2014