ADSUM's main purpose and objective on campus is to expand acccessiblity at the University of Montana for students and the campus commmunity. ADSUM is dedicated to identifying and bringing down architectural, programmatic and attitudinal barriers on campus as well as ensuring civil rights and equal access for students with disabilities in higher education.
- Work with the University to ensure equal program access for all students. The University of Montana has done much to ensure equal program access for students with disabilities. ADSUM believes strongly that students with disabilities must drive this process.
- Give students with disabilities a sense of solidarity. If you have an issue about access on campus – chances are someone else has the same issue. If we all work on issues we can be a powerful force for change!
- Educate students with disabilities about access and how they can be involved in access issues. What is the University legally required to provide?
- Bringing students with disabilities together to improve access!
- What adsum does to achieve it's goals
- Get ADSUM members on key committees that plan, implement and oversee areas that affect accessibility at UM.
- Identified accessibility barriers by meeting with students with disabilities at UM.
- Works through Administrative mediation channels to achieve timely and effective accommodations and break down barriers to accessibility.