American Indian Student Services
Payne Family Native American Center, Suite 113
Missoula, Montana 59812
Emergency Loan Program
AISS provides short-term loans to students for emergency purposes (books, food, etc.) while classes are in session. Students can apply for AISS short term loans through Cyberbear. The program is based on availability. Loan amounts and funding varies.
American Indian Student Services Temporary Loan Procedure:
- Log on to Cyberbear
- Click to Student Services and then Short Term Loan Application.
- Schedule and attend an appointment with Holly Wright or Julie Pavlish from the UM Financial Education Program.
- An approval will be sent via email. Upon receiving email you must sign a Master Promissory Note (Cyberbear).
- In 24-48 hours call Business Services at 406-243-4320 to find out if your check is ready for pick-up at Treasury.
Terms and Conditions of Short-Term Loans
- Loans do not exceed $500.
- Received money must be paid back by the end of the semester.
- Students must not have any holds on their account and must be finalized.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Students must schedule and attend a one-on-one financial counseling session with the UM Financial Education Program prior to funds being released.