Graduate students form a cohesive, supportive community, and play an active role in the School of Art and Missoula.
- Most students take advantage of ample opportunities to exhibit on campus, across Montana and nationally while in the School of Art.
- Students run a contemporary gallery, Frontierspace, in downtown Missoula,
- Each month, graduates discuss their work at a downtown art symposium open to the local community. artTALK
- Several unique residency opportunities are available to graduates, including the internationally-acclaimed Tippet Rise Center for the Arts, Sculpture in the Wild, and Red Lodge Clay Studio.
- Periodically, students mount shows in larger art centers such as Seattle and Portland.
- Missoula is a center of cultural activity in Montana, and was ranked No. 4 in the nation among medium-sized communities for arts activity.