Due to limited enrollment capacity of the center programs and the need to maintain full enrollment at all times, the below polices are enforced. Please consider these policies to be in your child's best interest so that we may provide your child with quality child care and early education experiences.
- The program maintains a waiting list.
- To be put on the waiting list complete an application with approximate entry semester.
- Regardless of actual start date, child is considered enrolled at the time a placement is accepted.
- Enrollment is for the entire semester, including finals week, as contracted.
Drop/Add Schedule Changes
- All drop/add schedule changes must be made within the first 10 days of each semester.
- Schedule days after the first 10 days of the semester may be assessed a $10 fee.
- Drop schedule changes are NOT accepted within the last 4 weeks of any semester.
- Adding days is accepted only if an opening is available.
- Schedule Change Drop/Add Form
- Please notify center teacher of absences.
- Billing credit is NOT given for any absent days regardless of reason. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Billing credit is NOT given for contracted days during finals week that are not used.
Late Pick Up Fee
- A fee of $1 per minute is charged for failure to pick child up at closing time, or time as contracted. If consistently or excessively late, you will be dropped from program, with exception of emergencies.
- Billing starts from approved enrollment starting date and is as contracted.
- Additional days used that are not contracted are billed at the daily rate. Additional days must be approved prior to use. Only 3 additional days are allowed per semester.
- Billing is done by the month, in advance.
- Bills are put onto CyberBear account.
U of M Business Services
- All billing is handled by The University of Montana Business Services for students, staff and faculty.
- Bills are part of your University CyberBear account.
- Financial aid may be used to pay child care account.
- Registration for classes may be prohibited if account is past due as per UM policy.
Finals Week Billing
- No credit is given for days not used during finals week.
- Cancellation is NOT accepted within the last 4 weeks of any semester.
- Payment is due for each month in advance.
- The advance payment is due by the date indicated by UM Business Services.
- Late payment fees are assessed by UM Business Services.
- Payments are to be made to Griz Central as per UM Business Services policy.
- The ASUM Child Care, Preschool Program office does NOT accept payments.
Past Due Accounts
- If an account is in default, UM may initiate collection proceedings on unpaid principle and allowed interest, as well as any attorney fees or other costs or charges necessary for collection of any and all balance due.
- If account is referred for collection, the account may be reported to your credit as a collection item.
- The ASUM Child Care Preschool Program reserves the right to cease services should an account become delinquent for more than 60 days.
State/Agency Program Participants
- All program policies and fees per this contract apply.
- Participants are responsible for payment of all fees and any monthly balance NOT paid by State/Agency.
New Enrollment Application
Looking to enroll your child? Please fill out the New Enrollment Application.
- Enrollment packet containing information and releases is required for licensed programs.
- Packet must be returned to program office or center at least 24 hours before your child starts.
- Packets are NOT accepted on the first day of care.
- Child is accepted into care ONLY if packet is complete including child’s immunization record.
- Fill out the Spring/Fall Enrollment Application.
- Fall Deadlines: Application must be signed and returned to the program office by June 15 for waiting list date to apply and to be guaranteed a placement if re-enrolling from spring or summer. Fall enrollment process will start on June 15. Enrollment cancellation to avoid assessment of fees is around Aug 10.
- Spring Deadlines: Application must be signed and returned to the program office around Nov 15 for waiting list date to apply and to be guaranteed a placement if re-enrolling from autumn semester. The enrollment process will start around Nov 19. Enrollment cancellation to avoid assessment of fees is Dec 10.
- If applying for enrollment during Summer Semester, please contact the ASUM Child Care office at (406) 243 - 2588.
First Time vs. Re-Enrollment Procedures
- Enrollment Conference: An enrollment conference is arranged for first-time enrolled children.
- Enrollment Deadlines:
- Application is due in the program office as posted for waiting list date to apply for initial enrollment.
- Once the application is received in the program office it is marked with individual's waiting list date. This is the date when your application was received by the office.
- Telephone and Email Wait List Notifications:
- Three attempts by phone, or email will be made to contact applicants following the waiting list date.
- If by the end of the 3rd attempt we have been unable to reach you by phone, or you have not responded to our email we will proceed to the next person on the waiting list.
- Enrollment applications will be sent out by email and posted at the center with sign.
- Complete and return application by due date.
- Faculty/Staff will need to complete re-enrollment application for the fall.
- Application Deadlines:
- If application for your child is returned completed to the program office by the posted deadline your child is automatically re-enrolled.
- If completed application is returned to the program office AFTER the posted deadline, your child is enrolled only if an opening is available.
- Placement Process:
- Your child is automatically enrolled in the center as per your new enrollment schedule.
- If for any reason we cannot accommodate your new enrollment schedule you will be contacted.
- All program enrollment, billing, and cancellation policies apply.
Cancellation of Services
- Cancellation by posted deadline is not subject to any fees. Cancellations after this date are subject to fees.
- After Care Has Begun:
- Written notice is required.
- Students: Ten days' notice must be given
- Faculty/Staff: Thirty days' notice must be given.
- Enrollment cancellation within the first 10 days of care is billed for 10 days of care plus a $25 registration fee and $10 processing fee.
- Enrollment cancellation after the first 10 days of care, but prior to the end of the semester is billed a $10 processing fee. 10 days' notice is required.
- Enrollment cancellation is NOT accepted within the last 4 weeks of any semester.
- Prior to the Start of the Semester:
- Ten days' notice prior to start of semester is not assessed any fees.
- Five days' notice prior to start of semester is billed for 5 days of care, $25 registration fee, plus a $10 processing fee.
- Less than 5 days' notice prior to the start of semester is billed for 10 days of care plus a $10 processing fee.
- A "No Show" cancellation is billed for 10 days of care plus a $25 registration fee and a $10 processing fee.
- Withdrawal from Services Form