- The University of Pennsylvania Center for Bioethics
The center provides a wealth of information about bioethics issues and resources. Web pages are updated frequently. For excellent links click on "Bioethics for beginners" and then click on bioethics resources.
- Google News Search on 'Medical Errors'
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Canadian Medical Association Journal - Bioethics for Clinicians
- The University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics is a partnership among the University of Toronto, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, The Hospital for Sick Children, Mount Sinai Hospital, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre, The Toronto Hospital/Princess Margaret Hospital, and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute. Its mission is to provide leadership in bioethics research, education, and clinical activities.
- Center for Ethics and Humanities in the Life Sciences, Michigan State University
The center supports reflective practice in health care and in science, by bringing to these fields the resources of ethics and the humanities. They do this through teaching, writing, public speaking, conducting research and working in many other ways with students, practitioners, and the general public.
- BENO - Bioethics Network of Ohio
The Bioethics Network of Ohio (BENO) is a non-profit organization founded to provide information, promote knowledge and improve practice among persons concerned with bioethics. The network is comprised of individuals and institutions. It promotes collaboration and communication among its members on bioethical issues, and serves as an educational resource for both professionals and the public.
- ASBH - American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
The American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH) is a professional society of more than 1,200 individuals, organizations, and institutions interested in bioethics and humanities. This Web site, established in January 1998, is intended initially to serve as a source of information about ASBH for members and prospective members. It also will serve as a resource for anyone interested in bioethics and humanities by providing a group of further on-line resources and links to aid in finding other related information through the Internet.
- Center for Health Ethics and Law - West Virginia University
This center educates healthcare professionals, students, patients, and the public in West Virginia about ethical and legal issues in healthcare; serves as a resource for them when they are confronted with difficult medical decisions by clarifying the facts and values relevant to making these decisions; and conducts research in health ethics and law. The ultimate goal of these three endeavors is to improve the quality of patient care in West Virginia.
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
This is an interesting site for curriculum material in the area of bioethics.
- Center for Applied Ethics - Biomedical & Health Care Ethics Resources on WWW
This site is managed by the University of British Columbia Center for Applied Ethics. The mission of the center is to bring moral philosophy into the public domain by advancing research in applied ethics, supporting courses with a significant ethical component and acting as a community resource. The Center provides opportunities for academics, practitioners and others to engage in the systematic and rational reflection on significant moral issues of the day.
- Department of Veterans Affairs - National Center for Clinical Ethics
The center is the primary VHA Office for considering healthcare ethics issues, providing leadership in emerging healthcare ethics issues through: (1) leadership in addressing the ethical challenges of a continuously evolving healthcare environment; (2) excellence in healthcare ethics education within VHA; and (3) excellence in healthcare policy development.
- IMH - The Institute of Medicine & Humanities
The Institute of Medicine & Humanities (IMH) is a cooperative venture in Missoula, Montana. It involves St. Patrick Hospital and The University of Montana. IMH encourages and supports learning and study in the humanities, as these studies shed light on the way we care for our sick.
- Rural Health - Provides links to resources relative to rural health, rural health policy, associations, networks, and organizations, publications and databases, research centers, state resources, and general rural information.
- Institute of Medicine
The mission of the Institute of Medicine is to advance and disseminate scientific knowledge to improve human health. The Institute provides objective, timely, authoritative information and advice concerning health and science policy to government, the corporate sector, the professions and the public. This web site provides a list of available issues.
- ETHICAL ISSUES IN RURAL HEALTH CARE. This volume initiates a much-needed conversation about the ethical and policy concerns facing health care providers in the rural United States. A useful resource for bioethicists, members of rural bioethics committees and networks, policy makers, teachers of health care providers, and rural practitioners themselves.
Patient Education Materials