Non-Degree Seeking

Students who are interested in taking college courses at the Bitterroot College but are not seeking a degree through the Bitterroot College, Missoula College, or University of Montana are considered non-degree seeking students.

  • Admission to Bitterroot College is open to all who have earned a high school diploma from an accredited high school or who have successfully passed the GED or HiSET.
  • College readiness tests such as the ACT or SAT are not needed for admission to Bitterroot College
  • No essay or writing sample is needed for admission to Bitterroot College
  • Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid

Download the Admissions Checklist to help keep track of your application process.

Step 1. Complete Application for Admission

Option 1: Paper Application for fastest processing, submit paper application in person at Bitterroot College

Need a paper application?
Stop by and pick one up, or call us at (406) 375-0100, and we'll mail you one!

Option 2: Online Application for fastest processing, carefully read and follow procedures below

  • Start by clicking the Create Account Tab on the application webpage
  • Create account User Name and Password (record for later access)
  • To determine Residency Classification on your application, you will need:
    • Montana voter registration date
    • Montana driver's license issue date
    • Montana vehicle registration date
  • Select Missoula College-Bitterroot College Campus as your campus
  • Use a credit card, debit card, or eCheck to pay the one-time-only $30 application fee

Need online access?
Stop by and we'll set you up on a computer and be available for your questions!

Step 2. Submit Transcripts

Submit your high school, GED, or HiSET transcripts (copies accepted) in person at Bitterroot College. Copies of college transcripts from previously attended institutions are not necessary for non-degree seeking students.

Need help obtaining your transcripts?
Stop by or call us at (406) 375-0100, and we can assist you!

Step 3. Submit Medical Requirement Form

Submit Medical Requirement Form in person at Bitterroot College. You must submit proof of two doses of MMR vaccination.

Need help obtaining your vaccination records or getting vaccinated?
Stop by or call us at (406) 375-0100, and we can assist you!

Step 4. Take Placement Tests

You may need to complete math and/or writing placement tests prior to registering for certain courses. Stop by or call (406) 375-0100 to ask questions about your specific placement testing status.
Learn more about Placement Tests >

Step 5. Meet with Academic Advisor and Register for Courses

Set up an appointment to meet with Bitterroot College Academic Advisor Kathleen O'Leary. Kathleen provides information about degree and course options, helps you plan your course schedule, and assists you in registering for your courses. To schedule your advising appointment with Kathleen, stop by or call (406) 375-0100.

Learn more about Academic Advising >  
Learn more about Registering for Courses >

Step 6. Attend New Student Orientation

All new students are required to attend our New Student Orientation. Register online to let us know when you are coming!

Learn more about New Student Orientation >

Meri Telin
Academic & Student Services Assistant
(406) 375-0100