Brand Guidelines - University Logos
To obtain UM logos for official University use, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloadable graphics are for official University use only. You may not transmit these graphics to any non-university party without express written permission from the Trademarks and Licensing director.
- The logo cannot be redrawn or modified in any way.
- The University logo must be prominent on the front of ALL published materials.
- The University logo must be used in return addresses.
- The size of the logo should be directly proportional to the size of the piece on which it’s displayed.
- Leave a minimum of 3/16 inch space between the logo and text or illustrations in printed pieces.
You agree not to use these graphics:
- In any manner that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, invasive of another’s privacy or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- To impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity associated with the University of Montana.
- To violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- To intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or University of Montana policy.
You may not use these graphics for commercial purposes, including but not limited to, placement on non-university websites, commercial print advertising and merchandise for promotional use and resale without express written permission from the Trademarks and Licensing director.
Except as expressly permitted within these terms, you agree not to alter, duplicate, create derivative works, distribute or provide others with these graphics, in whole or part. Any violation of these provisions may subject the user to civil and criminal liability, including fines and imprisonment.
If you have questions about use of a logo, contact:
- Kayla Aliemenious, UM director of marketing, at 406-243-6160 or email email@example.com.
- Erika Palmer, UM Trademarks and Licensing director, at 406-243-2317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.