Brand Guidelines - University Logo
UM logos for print are available to download from Printing & Graphics Services. Use of any logos downloaded must first be approved by Trademarks and Licensing Director Erika Palmer at 406-243-2317 or email email@example.com.
- The University logo must be prominent on the front of ALL published materials.
- The University logo must be used in return addresses.
- The logo cannot be redrawn or modified in any way. Please visit Printing & Graphics Services for downloadable logos.
- The size of the logo should be directly proportional to the size of the piece on which it’s displayed.
- Leave a minimum of 3/16 inch space between the logo and text or illustrations in printed pieces.
Downloadable graphics are for official University use only. You may not transmit these graphics to any non-university party without express written permission from the Trademarks and Licensing director. You agree not to use these graphics:
- In any manner that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, invasive of another’s privacy or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- To impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity associated with the University of Montana.
- To violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- To intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or University of Montana policy.
You may not use these graphics for commercial purposes, including but not limited to, placement on non-university websites, commercial print advertising and merchandise for promotional use and resale without express written permission from the Trademarks and Licensing director,.
Except as expressly permitted within these terms, you agree not to alter, duplicate, create derivative works, distribute or provide others with these graphics, in whole or part. Any violation of these provisions may subject the user to civil and criminal liability, including fines and imprisonment.
To maintain a strong brand presence and consistency in the UM visual identity standards, all new departmental and UM program logos must follow new guidelines:
- No visual marks can be used in departmental or program logos
- Font rules (under development)
- Design rules (under development)
To create a new logo for your department or program, email UM Assistant Vice President for Marketing Mario Schulzke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If departments or programs would like to design their own logo to meet current standards, it can be submitted for approval to email@example.com.
If departments or programs have an existing or established logo, redesign is strongly encouraged to meet current UM style and standards.