Welcome to Accounting Services at The University of Montana. Our mission is to ensure financial integrity and provide financial services for the university community.
The Functions of the office are:
- Issuing the University's annual financial audit and report
- Providing internal management reports for the colleges and departments
- Maintaining the General Ledger
- Training university staff in fiscal policies and procedures
- Providing fiscal analysis in support of the University's facilities and administrative cost rates for research
CHART OF ACCOUNTS
The MUS Data Warehouse allows all campuses to achieve commonality in their financial chart of accounts at a certain level. Ensuring this commonality at a high level allows the individual campuses flexibility at the lower level. UM now employs this resource for Account Codes and their definitions. Training and Reference Manuals.