Accessible Navigation.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Browse Griz eRecruiting positions

Griz eRecruiting

Student/Alumni Net ID log in.

Browse Jobs

Griz eRecruiting

Alumni who don't have a Net ID please log in/register below.
Alumni Log In
Alumni Registration

Employer log in.

Employer Registration

Work Study

Am I eligible for a work-study award?

To be considered for a work study award, students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to the academic year for which an award to sought.  The priority deadline for the University of Montana is February 15th.    If a student has requested work study, has financial need after comparing the cost of education with the student’s available resources, and if sufficient work study funds are available, the student may receive an award. 

How much will I make?

Work Study students are employed under “an hours work for an hour’s pay” arrangement.  Student employment jobs must pay at least federal minimum wage, but may be higher depending on the type of work and skills required.  The University of Montana issues paychecks directly to the students every two weeks.  The amount earned by a student, cannot exceed the total work study award amount.  During the academic year, work study students are limited to 19 hours of work per week.

Are Federal Work-Study jobs on campus or off campus?

Both. A work study contract covers all of the University of Montana departments.  Off campus, nonprofit organizations and public agencies, with current contracts, may hire work study students.

Can I work as many hours as I want?

During the academic year, work study students are limited to 19 hours of work per week.

For more information, please refer to the Work Study Manual on the Financial Aid Website.