Appreciation - Ways to Celebrate
Inexpensive Activities for larger groups of student workers:
- Have a Chip & Dip Party
- Build your own Ice Cream Sundae Party. Bring in a couple of different flavors, toppings, nuts, maybe some strawberries. This is something the whole department could take part in.
- Have a Pizza Party. Designate a day when the whole staff can get together and order pizza. Include soda and chips and you're in for a good time!
- Bring in a sheet cake, cupcakes, or brownies. Have a Dessert Party!
- Organize a Potluck Luncheon to be held in the office. Again, the entire department can take part.
- Collect assorted goodies (cookies, chocolates, crackers, cheeses, candy, toiletries) and make a Care Package for your students.
- Wrap up small bags of jellybeans, chocolate eggs, etc. tie with a ribbon..
- 'Good Egg Award' - Buy plastic Easter eggs, fill with goodies and give out with "Good Egg Certificates". List what the students did to deserve this award.
- Have the staff sign a Thank-You Card for the students.
- Decorate an office bulletin board or the office door for the week in recognition of your student employees. With pictures!!!!
- Notes Home – Send a note to the families of your Student Employees. Let them know what the student does, how their work impacts your department, and how terrific the student is.
- Purchase an Advertisement in The Kaimin to recognize your student employees. Include pictures!!
- Take your student(s) to lunch.
- Present them with a gift bearing the UM or Grizzly Logo (pen, sweatshirt, hat, etc.)
- Give them Movie Passes for two! So they can bring a friend!
- If you need any further assistance or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to call Janay Whisman at 243-5627.