The School of Extended & Lifelong Learning (SELL) at The University of Montana creates and provides innovative and flexible education solutions and personal growth opportunities for diverse audiences.
To learn more about our specific goals and plans for FY'13, please read our Strategic Plan.
We are dedicated to providing educational access and lifelong learning opportunities to a wide diversity of individuals through innovative, high quality instruction. We believe that education can positively transform all individuals, enriching their lives and contributing to our community.
Our learning community includes accomplished professionals, Tribal leaders, retirees, and University students of all ages, both on- and off-campus. We serve and/or partner with the greater Missoula community; county, state and federal agencies; the private sector across Montana; and UM academic departments.
The goals of The School of Extended & Lifelong Learning are to serve the lifelong learning needs of the citizens of Montana and beyond by:
- Offering a wide array of credit and non-credit programs that reflect the expertise of UM’s schools and colleges while meeting the educational needs of lifelong learners
- Working with a variety of external agencies and individuals to provide focused training programs that contribute to professional and economic development of Montana
- Supporting a wide variety of delivery formats including online teaching and learning to enable the availability of higher education “wherever and whenever” students require it
- Investing in new technology
- Advancing the professional growth of our managers and staff to ensure we maintain a leading edge for supporting our constituent base and that we are prepared to match national trends in meeting future educational needs
- Develop and market all programs to ensure public access to educational opportunities
- Being fiscally accountable for all-source funding including grants, contracts, sponsored and self-support programs as well as appropriated funds