Thank you for your participation in the 2012 Diabetes Conference!
The 2013 conference dates have been confirmed! Please see below:
Annual Professional Conference
October 17-19, 2013
Crowne Plaza ◊ Billings, Montana
GOAL: This conference provides state-of-the-art training for health care professionals. It is held over an evening and full day, and is lecture-based with a question and answer period and networking opportunities. The focus is on new approaches to diabetes prevention, treatment, management, and education. Primary content addresses 1) obesity and diabetes treatment, 2) evolving evidence-based outcomes and concepts, 3) team-based care, 4) patient self-management, and postpartum gestational diabetes care. Four experts in the field present these topics.
Upon completion of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Explain the role of peptide therapeutics in glucose and whole body energy homeostasis.
- Identify dentify evolving technology for the treatment of diabetes and obesity.
- Identify approaches to pathophysiologic based treatment strategies.
- Identify evolving concepts in evidence based outcomes.
- Describe how nurses, pharmacists, diabetes educators, and primary care providers can use EMR-based diabetes clinical decision support tools to improve diabetes care.
- Describe algorithms that guide selection and prioritization of clinical actions to improve diabetes care.
- Differentiate both processes and outcomes for didactic diabetes patient education in comparison to non-directive support.
- Recognize the elements and methods by which patient centered medical homes address the challenges faced by primary care practices in treating diabetes and other chronic health conditions.
- Describe the risk factors for diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity after a GDM pregnancy for mother and offspring.
- Discuss ways to prevent diabetes, obesity and recurrence of GDM in women with history of GDM and their children