Abstract Submission & Poster Guidelines
All Summit poster presenters are required to submit an Abstract of the major research that they are doing under their MT EPSCoR/IoE awarded funds.
ABSTRACT CONTENT: Provide, in non-technical language, a brief description of the research and educational activities being supported under your MT EPSCoR/IoE project award for publication appearing in Summit Conference Booklet
• Please limit the body of the abstract to 250 words, 12 pt, Times New Roman
• Include a color, high resolution ‘head-shot’ photo of yourself (300 dpi)
• Project title should appear in Bold font
• Abstract should appear in Regular font
• Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) should appear below the title
• Mentor(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) should appear below the author(s)
• Summit Abstracts are DUE: August 1, 2013
• Please email your abstract and photo as 2 separate documents directly to Michelle Quinn at email@example.com.
• When materials are received, the primary author will be sent a notification of receipt via the email provided.
Poster boards are vertical and measure approximately 4 feet in width by 8 feet in height. You poster should fit within the following dimensions:
- Maximum width of 45"
- Ideal length between 38" and 48"
- Title should appear at the top in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) should appear below the title
- Mentor(s) name(s) and affiliation(s) should appear below the author(s)
- All IoE funded projects must include the IoE and EPSCoR logos
- These can be obtained from the IoE website
Carefully prepare your poster well in advance of the Summit.
There will be no time or materials available for last minute preparations onsite.
If you think you may need certain materials to repair your poster after traveling, bring these with you.
As an IoE program awardee, check with your department or mentor about possible poster training and printing options.
The formal poster session will be held in the State Room of the Red Lion Colonial Hotel,
Thursday, August 22, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. All poster presetners will be expected to be on hand throughout this time to present and discuss their research.
You must hand your poster during Registration Check-In (8:00 - 8:30 a.m.).
Push pins will be proivided to attach your poster to the boards.
Posters may be removed after 7:00 p.m.
If your poster is left behind it will be discarded.
National NSF EPSCoR Conference:
The National Science Foundation EPSCoR Program is inviting 2 students from each EPSCoR jurisdiction to attend the
Please go to the IoE webiste for more information.