News and events
Promote your news
To news media
- Before requesting a news release, read these News release guidelines.
- To request a news release, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact news editor Cary Shimek at 243-5914, email@example.com.
- Visit the University Relations news releases webpage for examples of recent press releases.
To the campus and community
University Relations publishes UM news stories in ForUM and UM News, as well as on feature tiles on the UM homepage and through social media channels.
- ForUM is an e-mail newsletter for University of Montana staff, faculty and administrators. It is published weekly during the academic year except during scheduled academic breaks.
- UM News is an e-mail newsletter published on Fridays during the academic year as a service to students, alumni, employees and friends of the University of Montana.
- Suggest a story: If you know someone who is thriving at UM, please share the story.
Promote your events
Post an event on the UM events calendar
The UM events calendar is a great way to advertise a your event. Tag your events and use the web template event plugin to build customized calendars for your departmental website.
Exciting events take place on the UM campus all the time, so it's worth putting some thought into who your audience is and how to reach them.
Targeted advertising can take on many forms, such as: