InformationThank you for your interest in The University of Montana and The Creative Pulse program!
Master of Arts in Fine Arts, Integrated Arts and Education Degree Program
Admission to this program is based primarily on the applicant's relevant experience, and examples of your work and/or samples of your teaching expertise.
Program Candidacy and Admission to the Graduate School
1. Official transcript denoting a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
2. A letter of application - The letter of application serves as a required writing sample for admission to the program. Describe your background, interest and commitment to Arts/Education, as well as the future aspirations to be gained by pursuit of this degree. Include what strengths you will bring to the program, and indicate why you are interested in an arts interdisciplinary degree.
3. A complete resumé/vita of your professional work.
4. At least two of the other qualifications from (a), (b) or (c) below:
a. Experience. Extensive, high-level and relevant experience in the field of teaching and/or arts, demonstrated in the resumé and letter of application.
b. Public Dissemination/Performance. Record of high quality scholarly and/or artistic contributions such as: 1) Portfolio of artistic work or performances (samples of written work, slides of visual creations, footage or reviews of concerts and performances or samples of your teaching expertise). 2) Publications in peer reviewed journals. 3) Presentations at state and/or national conferences.
c. Demonstration of ability to function with excellence in the discipline through interview.
5. A minimum of three letters of reference from people who have worked with you and are qualified to judge your academic potential and leadership qualities.
6. Application for Graduate School Admission and a non-refundable $60 application fee. The application process for Summer 2015 begins January 5. Due to program size, applications will be reviewed as received.
First complete the online application and pay the application fee by clicking the following link. https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html
Submit all documentation to:
The Creative Pulse
Karen Kaufmann, Director
College of Visual and Performing Arts, PARTV 110
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812-8208
All application materials for Creative Pulse Summer 2015 should be submitted by Friday, May 15, 2015.
Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
The GRE requirement is not required! No need to submit a score with your application.
For current tuition and fee information, click here. Summer 2015 tuition and fees have not been approved by the Board of Regents. However, the 2014-15 Autumn/Spring chart will provide a close estimate of the summer tuition and fees. Your total cost depends on your residency status and the number of credits per semester for which you register. Creative Pulse students generally will register for 17-18 credits each summer.
If you attend full-time during the 2 summers, you will be taking approximately 18 credit hours each summer (for a total of 36 credit hours). Generally, the courses are cycled every other year.
Financial Aid may be available. Call 406-243-5373 for more information.
On-campus housing can be arranged through Residence Life. You can also check the Missoulian, Missoula’s local newspaper. Students use both on-campus and off-campus arrangements.
ASUM (Associated Students of The University of Montana) may have child care options for you.
Visit umt.edu/childcare, for more information.
Please contact us at 406.243.4970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have further questions about the Creative Pulse.