3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
When & Where
Games will be played Saturday, April 13, between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. at the Adams Center West Auxiliary Gym (WAG) and Fitness and Rec Center on the University of Montana Main Campus. Parking will be free. For directions please see the University of Montana map.
Entry Procedure & Deadline
Submit registration on the Campus Recreation online registration portal by 11 p.m. on Wednesday, April 10.
The fee is $60 per team. Fee includes three tournament t-shirts; extra shirts may be purchased for $8 each. Only guaranteed shirts if you register two weeks prior to the deadline.
Each team can have 3-5 players on its roster. Players must be 16 years or older. High school players must reside within a 50-mile radius of campus. Individuals who are not in high school can be from any locale.
Divisions include Men’s A & B, Women's and Co-Ed.
Check-In & Game Time
Team check-in is at 10 a.m. We will email you when the location for check-in is determined.
Each team is guaranteed three games. Games begin at 11 a.m. Game times and courts will be posted on brackets throughout the day. Please arrive to the listed court 10 minutes early.
- Brackets will be posted at the time of check-in. Each team is guaranteed 3 games.
- Each team will consist of 3 to 5 players.
- There will be Men’s A & B, Women's and Co-ed.
- Games will be played on a half-court.
- Each court will have a supervisor responsible for keeping time, score and fouls.
- A coin toss will begin each game.
- Games are set to 20 minutes. If the clock expires and the teams are tied, 2 minutes will be put on the clock; if teams are still tied free throws will determine the winner.
- 2 points per basket. No 3-point shots.
- Players will call their own fouls. Any foul results in loss of possession. After the 6th team foul, a foul results in 1 point loss and loss of possession.
- On change of possession or when the ball contacts the rim, the ball must be brought to the top of the key.
- Substitutions will only be made during a dead ball situation.
- No time outs; the clock will run continuously except in the event of an injury.
- Players, parents, and/or spectators will be ejected from the event for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- The captain of the team is responsible for assuring other players are aware of rules and regulations.