On the Land
Register for trips and classes online, or at the Outdoor Program located on the northeast corner of the Fitness and Recreation Center near Washington-Grizzly stadium. Call (406) 243-5172 for more information.
Cha-Paa-Qn Peak Day Hike
- When: June 18 (All Day)
- Description: Enjoy a moderate 8-mile round trip hike to this beautiful alpine summit west of Missoula.
- Register by: June 15
- Pre-trip Meeting: None
- Cost: $35 Includes transportation and instructors.
Glacier National Park Backpacking Trip
- When: July 15-17
- Description: We leave Friday morning and arrive in GNP to for a day hike, and will be spending Friday night at a campground in the park. The next day we leave to go backpacking in the park, spending Saturday night camping in the spectacular backcountry of Glacier.
- Pre-trip Meeting: July 13
- Cost: $175
Intro to Rock Climbing Class
- When: July 22 (3-5pm at the climbing wall) and July 23rd climbing field trip (all day).
- Description: Learn the basics of rock climbing. spen the first day at the climbing wall and the second on a field trip. All levels welcome.
- Cost: $45
- Register by: July 20
Lolo Peak Backpacking Trip
- When: August 6-7
- Description: Experience a weekend of hiking and exploring this magnificent peak and surrounding alpine meadows. Price includes instructors, group gear, and transportation. Camping equipment can be arranged if needed.
- Pre-trip Meeting: August 3rd at 5pm in the ODP
- Cost: $75
Freshmen Wilderness Experience (FWE) Trips
- When: August 19-23
- Description: Experience the breathtaking wilderness of western Montana though the mountains or on the river as you make new friends and engage with your surroundings. There is no need for prior outdoor experience. These trips are open to incoming, first-time freshmen only. For more information visit the FWE website.
- Cost: $200
Bass Creek to Kootenai Backpacking Trip
- When: September 2-5
- Description: Experience amazing scenery on this fantastic 22 mile trip through the Bitterroot National Forest. This trip fills up very quickly, so sign up early!
- Pre-trip Meeting: August 31 at 5pm in the ODP
- Cost: $95
Campus Recreation is an equal opportunity service provider that conducts certain activities under special permit with the US Forest Service, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks and the Bureau of Land Management. The University of Montana's Campus Recreation trips are permitted on the Lolo, Bitterroot, and Clearwater National Forests (Clause VII.B.). The UM Outdoor Program is partners with Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and a member of the American Canoe Association, Trout Unlimited, The Access Fund and the Professional Ski Instructors of America.