Register for a class or trip using our online portal.
On the Land
Register for trips and classes online, or at the Outdoor Program located on the northeast corner of the Fitness and Recreation Center near Washington-Grizzly stadium. Call (406) 243-5172 for more information.
Bass Creek to Kootenai Backpacking Trip
- When: September 4 - 7 (Labor Day Weekend)
- Description: Enjoy this 22 mile loop in the Bitterroot National Forest. This trip fills fast so register early.
- Register by: August 31
- Pre-trip Meeting: September 2, 5pm at the Outdoor Program.
- Cost: $95. Includes transportation, trip leaders, permit, and group gear.
Ch-paa-qn Day Hike
- When: September 7 or October 11
- Description: Enjoy a moderate 8-mile round trip hike to a beautiful summit west of Missoula.
- Cost: $35, includes transportation and trip leaders.
- Register by: September 2; October 7
Bike Maintenance Class
- When: September 15, 17, 22 and 24. 6:00-8:00pm at the Outdoor Program workbench.
- Description: Learn how to clean, fix and maintain all parts of your bike.
- Register by: September 10
- Cost: $50. Includes hands-on instruction at the Outdoor Program workbench.
Glacier National Park Backpacking Trip
- When: September 18 - 20
- Description: Leaving Friday morning, we'll spend the day hiking and car camping in the park. Then Saturday to Sunday will be spent backpacking in the spectacular backcountry if Glacier.
- Register by: September 15
- Pre-trip Meeting: September 16, 5pm at the Outdoor Program.
- Cost: $175. Includes transportation, trip leaders, park entry, permits, and group gear.
Little St. Joe Day Hike
- When: September 20
- Description: A moderate day hike with great views of the Bitterroot Range.
- Register by: September 16
- Cost: $35. Includes transportation and trip leaders.
Grave Peak - Wind Lakes Backpacking Trip
- When: October 3 - 4
- Description: A great trip to the Grave Peak lookout tower in Idaho, camping at Wind Lakes.
- Register by: September 28
- Pre-trip Meeting: September 30, 5pm at the Outdoor Program.
- Cost: $75. Includes transportation, trip leaders, permit, and group gear.
Leave No Trace Trainers Course (Overnight Backpack)
- When: October 17 - 18
- Description: Learn "Leave No Trace" (LNT) principles and skills needed to keep a pristine outdoor environment. This course is great for outdoor leaders, guides, and educators, and will certify you to teach others about LNT outdoor ethics.
- Register by: October 13
- Pre-trip Meeting: October 14, 5pm at the Outdoor Program.
- Cost: $45. Includes transportation, instruction and certification.
STUDY ABROAD: Mountaineering & Trekking in the Andes (Huaraz, Peru)
- When: August 3 - 18, 2016
- Description: This trip takes place in the high sierra region of Peru within the Cordillera Blanca in Huascaran National Park. Participants are eligible to earn 2 credits in HHP or PTRM through completing this course. Call Elizabeth at (406) 243-5176 or read the trip syllabus for more information!
- Open to: Students, Faculty and Staff of the University of Montana
- Cost: TBD
- Registration: $200 non-refundable deposit due by April 1, which goes towards the total cost.
- Apply: APPLY NOW through the Office of International Programs
Campus Recreation is an equal opportunity service provider that conducts certain activities under special permit with the US Forest Service, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks and the Bureau of Land Management. The University of Montana's Campus Recreation trips are permitted on the Lolo, Bitterroot, and Clearwater National Forests (Clause VII.B.). The UM Outdoor Program is partners with Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and a member of the American Canoe Association, Trout Unlimited, The Access Fund and the Professional Ski Instructors of America.