All memberships include access to the following facilities, services, and programs.  Additional fees may apply.

  • Fitness and Recreation Center
  • Grizzly Pool
  • Intramural Sports
  • Personal Training
  • Group Fitness Classes
  • Fitness Presentations and Programs
  • Outdoor Program - Classes and Trips
  • Outdoor Equipment Rental
  • Climbing Wall

The cost depends on your relationship with the University and can be found on our membership details page.

Membership expiration varies. You can visit the online portal to find details about your membership, or you may call (406) 243-2804 to verify your status.
Yes, if you are a current member of Campus Recreation, you may bring a guest and be his or her "sponsor."  Day and Week guest passes are available for purchase, and the sponsor must be present with a current Griz Card at time of purchase.

Memberships are available for a spouse, partner or dependent of a student, faculty/staff or affiliate of the University of Montana. Spouses of retirees are also eligible for membership at the retiree rate. More information can be found on our membership page or by calling (406) 243-2802.

Yes, students who were enrolled in the spring and are returning in fall are eligible to pay the Campus Recreation student fee for summer semester. This provides access to the Fitness & Recreation Center and Grizzly Pool and discounts on equipment rental at the Outdoor Program (rafts, float tubes, camping gear, standup paddle boards, etc). Membership is valid from approximately May 15 through August 31.

Most fitness classes require a punch card, which provides low-cost access to our classes. Some classes charge an individual fee due to their limited space and/or progressive nature.

There are a few free studio classes, such as Ab Lab and Functional Strength, as well.


Yes, we are typically open on holidays and over winter and spring breaks, but modified hours are in place. Please check our hours page Edit or call the front desk at (406) 243-2802 for details.

Schreiber Gym, South Campus fields and Riverbowl fields are available to rent. University groups have priority scheduling. Please email bfruit@mso.umt.edu or call 406-243-6157 for more information.

The Grizzly Pool has limited availability for rental, and more information is available by calling the pool at (406) 243-2763.

Parking passes are required on campus Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. year-round. We sell single-day or five-day passes at the front desk of the Fitness & Recreation Center. Parking is free after 5 p.m. on weekdays and free on weekends and holidays.

UM Police Department administers and enforces parking regulations on campus. More information can be found on the UM Police Department website or by calling (406) 243-6132.  

Lockers are available to rent by the semester in the Fitness & Recreation Center (FRC), Grizzly Pool and Schreiber Gym. Rental fees and more information is available online.

Day-use lockers are available for free, but bring your own lock or purchase one at the FRC Equipment Desk to lock your belongings.

Towel service is only available in the FRC at this time. Visit the FRC Equipment Desk to sign up for towel service.

Yes! There is a dry sauna in both the men's and women's locker rooms in the Fitness & Recreation Center. The Grizzly Pool also has a unisex dry sauna that is open during public lap and recreation swim times.
If you are an "early bird," we are open at 6 a.m. If you choose to work out a little later, however, the best time is before 2 p.m. The gym is usually most crowded weekdays between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., after classes and work.

For further assistance, contact the front desk of the Fitness & Recreation Center at 406-243-2802.

You may also be interested in or FAQs for Fitness Programs, Outdoor Programs, Intramural Sports, Grizzly Pool or Youth Camps.