What to Expect from Tele-Counseling
During this unusual time, we are committed to providing the same quality of care in a safe, secure and confidential manner as we always have. While we might prefer in-person care, it currently brings undue risks that we can mitigate with tele-counseling, which is just as effective. So, until rates of COVID-19 spread decline, we are conducting our appointments via Zoom or telephone. Give it a try!
How to Prepare for Tele-Counseling
- Click here for instructions on joining a Zoom appointment via your phone, tablet or computer.
- Technology can be unreliable, in which case we can use the phone as a backup.
- You will need to have a private area with reliable technology and internet. We have "Zoom Rooms" at our clinic if you are experiencing privacy, safety or technology concerns. Just let us know.
- Safety plan: On occasion, we may need to assist someone with crisis stabilization or transportation to a hospital or crisis house. You will need a trusted person's phone and address who is located in the same city you'll be during your appointment(s), and the location of the nearest emergency department. You will enter these on the tele-counseling informed consent form.
- Schedule an intial visit on the CHC Health Portal or by calling us (406-243-4712). If you prefer a phone counseling session, please call us directly. There is no charge for your first appointment.
- We will send you an email with a Zoom link and instructions prior to the day of your appointment.
- On the day of the appointment, please log into the CHC Health Portal and complete the appropriate intake forms, which takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure you have a private and safe location for your session. Your counselor will ask for your address. Driving is not permitted.
- In your first session, your counselor will address any questions or concerns you may have.
Tele-Counseling Phone Option
- The counselor will call you at the time of your appointment using the phone number you provided.
- This number may appear as "University" or "restricted" on your caller ID.
- The counselor will attempt to contact you for the first 10 minutes of the session. If you haven't heard from them, please the CHC receptionist at 243-4712 for instructions.