Curry Health Center Wellness has several opportunities for students to get involved in peer-based programs, research, and more.
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is a group of students that help support the mission, vision, and values of Curry Health Center. Members of SHAC will gain an understanding of Curry Health Center services as well as navigating health care at UM. SHAC offers experience working with other students and CHC administrators to positively influence the health and well-being of the campus.
Goals of SHAC:
- Create an organized dialogue between students and administration about student health and well-being, and Curry Health Center Programs and Services.
- Provide program and service advice/consultation.
- Identify educational and informational needs of students.
- Address barriers related to seeking care and provide feedback around accessibility and ease of use.
- Assess emerging student issues and keep CHC connected to student life and campus.
- Assess perception of CHC services.
Why Choose SHAC?
As a member of the Student Health Advisory Committee, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop insight about healthcare in a college setting and relay student input to Curry Health Center
- Work directly with Curry Health Center administration
- Volunteer at CHC-sponsored events around campus
- Help plan campus-wide events that promote student awareness for Curry Health Center’s health and wellness resources
- Develop leadership and professional skills
- Network with fellow students and Curry Health center staff
How to get involved:
Please email to email@example.com with a letter of interest and contact information to participate in SHAC.
First meeting is schedule via zoom for the second week of October 2020 exact date will be based on groups availability.
- Peers Reaching Out or PROs or HTH 370 is a 3 credit course for students in ANY major (required for HHP). Educate peers and friends while you make new friends in the class. To be a PRO we ask that you not be a graduating senior when you sign up.
- Internships and Graduate Research. Have a health-centered project you want to tackle and need internship credit or thesis requirements? We do accept a limited number of interns and graduate students per semester. Contact the Director of Wellness for more information.
- Student Jobs. Check the student opportunities page for current listings of available jobs for all of Curry Health Center.