What is Health Coaching at Curry Health Center?
Health Coaching consists of informal, confidential meetings with a peer Health Coach. Health Coaching is designed to help students improve their overall health and academic success. Meetings are self-directed by the client and focus on areas of desired improvement like stress, sleep, exercise, nutrition, and more (whatever you want!).
What does the program include?
- Six one hour individual sessions.
- Email support between sessions.
- Coaching and support to help you make the lifestyle changes you strive to complete.
- Simple but informative handouts that will increase your knowledge about your specific goal.
- Your coach's personal commitment to your health and success.
How will Health Coaching help me?
- Learn to set and accomplish goals that will increase your confidence and success academically and in life.
- Feel great in your body and work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight.
- Make permanent lifestyle changes.
- Sleep like a baby- we'll give you the tools to make it happen.
- Gain skills to stress less.
Why do I need Health Coaching?
Learning how to live a balanced, lower stress lifestyle will help you succeed at UM academically and interpersonally. By helping you achieve hand-selected, wellness goals, Health Coaches help you gain academic success whether it's managing time, assignments, or personal relationships. Being well enables you to focus on what matters and less on distractions.
Who Are Peer Health Coaches?
Peer Health Coaches are current UM students who are pursuing the academic Health Behavior Coach Certificate. All Peer Health coaches are pursuing or current hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited University. These students have been through an intensive 15 hour training to equip them with the essential skills to help their fellow peers reach their health and lifestyle goals. Our Peer Health Coaches are professional, relatable, and effective. To learn more about the Health Behavior Coach Certificate program click here.
How much does it cost and how can I sign up?
Health Coaching is FREE!!!
Call 406-243-6719 or use the health portal to schedule a session.