Outreach & Peer Education
Peers Reaching Out (PROs)
PROs are UM students who take the HTH 370 class for credit to get involved with current issues (partying safe, safer sex, nutrition, stress, and more) for the student body, meet like-minded people, and learn how to present provocative health topics to their fellow students in the residence halls, classes, fraternities, sororities, and other University groups.
Why Be a PRO?
- It's a group for health-minded people.
- Get mandatory credit for HHP or elective credit for another major.
- Get help developing leadership skills.
- Gain skills in public speaking, group facilitation, outreach, writing articles, and team-building.
- Obtain expertise in health-related fields for school and employment in the future.
- Enjoy a once/semester, leadership retreat weekend, off campus.
Contact Wellness located in the Curry Health Center room 112 or call 243-2809. Internships available.
Wellness Series and PROgrams
Curry Health Center Wellness offers various PROgrams put on by the PROs as well as a Wellness Lecture Series. Any student group, resident assistant, or academic class can request a PROgram anytime and PROs will come present the PROgram of your choice. The Wellness Lecture Series happens in various locations on campus (residence halls, the U.C., Curry, etc.) where any UM Student is welcome. Check the list to the right for what we offer, the Curry Health Center Home Page, or our Wellness Series Brochure.
Request a PROgram
Resident Assistants, FIG Leaders, Faculty, and Student Groups are welcome to request PROgramming. Use our online form to submit your request and we will follow up by phone. Call us at 406-243-2809 with questions.