If you’re looking for work that pays well, fits your schedule, and makes you part of a fun, professional team, why not start with the largest employer of students at UM?
You might find your niche cooking up stir-fries, creating gourmet deli sandwiches, or even managing a staff of students. You’ll have plenty of chances to advance, learn valuable skills, and meet new friends. We are experts at finding shifts that fit your course load and class times.
This is where you want to be!
- Scheduling Flexibility: UM Dining has operations open seven days a week. We are happy to accommodate your class schedule.
- Convenience: Work on campus! Save time and money traveling to and from work. You're already here!
- Variety of work: UM Dining has a variety of locations, from our coffee shops to catering to our residential dining room. We provide a variety of awesome jobs to fit your interest. We offer it all!
- Build your resume: When it comes to hiring, employers say that real work experience and professional references are as important as a degree. Start building your resume today!
- Free Food!: Free meals may be provided to students working a minimum shift of three consecutive hours. Think of the money you'll save and the great food you'll eat!
- Scholarships: UM Dining regularly awards student employee scholarships. It pays to work for us!
- Advancement Opportunities & Internships: In conjunction to academic endeavors, some student positions are available for credit. See a UM Dining manager for details. Learn valuable leadership skills for your future!
Besides standard student employment, UMD also employs students through the Federal Work Study (FWS) program. FWS is a federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet
*Please note all student employees must maintain a course-load of six (6) credits per semester for the duration of their employment.