If you’re looking for work that pays well, fits your schedule, and makes you part of a fun, professional team, why not start with the largest employer of students at UM?
You might find your niche cooking up stir-fries, creating gourmet deli sandwiches, or even managing a staff of students. You’ll have plenty of chances to advance, learn valuable skills, and meet new friends. We are experts at finding shifts that fit your course load and class times.
The benefits of working with UMD:
- A work schedule that accommodates classes and activities
- Training and development
- Promotional opportunities with pay increase
- Leadership opportunities in student management and supervisory positions
- A friendly, fast-paced environment
- A free meal after working a qualifying three hour shift
- Work study options
Besides standard student employment, UMD also employs students through the Federal Work Study (FWS) program. FWS is a federally subsidized program through which graduate and undergraduate students earn an FWS award by working with approved employers. To be considered for FWS, students must meet Financial Aid Office criteria. For more information about FWS, please visit the Financial Aid FWS webpage.
*Please note all student employees must maintain a course-load of six (6) credits per semester for the duration of their employment.