Student Employee Scholarship
The purpose of the UM Dining Student Employee Scholarship is to recognize outstanding student employees. UM Dining is awarding three (4) $500 scholarships for Spring Semester 2018. These scholarships are awarded to full-time students (12 credits or more for undergraduate students; 9 credits of more for graduate students) who are current UM Dining student employees at the time the scholarship is awarded. Students may not be awarded scholarships in two consecutive semesters that the scholarships are offered. UM Dining awards the scholarships during the first week of the semester to which the scholarship is applied (the semester following the application process). Application materials are available in the UM Dining Main Office (Lommasson 114), from the administrative support staff in your unit, orfollow the links below.
- Longevity of employment (Y/N)
- Student must have worked with UM Dining a minimum of 120 total hours (up to and including finals week). This specific requirement must be met in order for applicant to be considered.
- Personal essay (500 words or less) 40 points
- GPA (minimum 3.0 to apply) 40 points
- Letters of recommendation (minimum of two) 10 points
- One professional reference and one academic reference preferred
- Student employee must be in good standing (attendance, punctuality, availability, willingness to work special events, no disciplinary action on file, etc.) 10 points
- UM 2017-18 General Scholarship Application Form.
- An unofficial copy of a current transcript* that demonstrates:
- Full-time UM student status: currently carrying 12 or more credit hours for an undergraduate, or 9 or more credit hours for a graduate student.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
*current through the last completed semester.
- An essay (500 words or less) defining your educational accomplishments, community involvement, career aspirations, and transferable skills acquired while employed by UM Dining.
- At least two letters of recommendation (one professional reference and one academic reference required).
- UM Dining Student Scholarship Eligibility Verification Form with your name, signature, and associate director’s signature.
- Upon completion of the semester Deb Hill, UM Dining Personnel Associate, will verify the eligibility criteria listed on the form have been met. The verification form will affirm the items listed above in the Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria section of this document.
Please submit your application packet with the required materials to the UM Dining Main Office, Lommasson Center 114, by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.