Notify Barriers: Grievance Procedures

Access is a civil right. Programs at the University must be readily accessible to and usable by people with disabilities. The University is not barrier-free. However, reasonable modifications will be made to guarantee program access. All modifications’ requests will be given due process and consideration. Students can file a grievance when they have been denied or have limited participation in the benefits of any program based solely on a disability.

Students are encouraged to discuss their concerns with their Disability Services coordinator or with the director. If the grievance is not resolved informally or a student wishes to pursue a formal complaint or grievance, the following options are available: 

Montana Human Rights Bureau
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
U.S. Department of Justice

For academic concerns, follow Student Concerns recommended by the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.