The Ethics and Public Affairs Program receives funding from the following sources:
- General Support
- The University of Montana subsidizes the general operating costs of the Ethics and Public Affairs Program
- Revenue from course and program fees go to support those programs; for example, all of the course fees from our summer Environmental Ethics Institutes directly support that program
- Charitable donations make possible many of our special programs and guest speakers
- The National Science Foundation supports our Debating Science ethics education program and the Ethics of Geoengineering research project.
- Humanities Montana (formerly called The Montana Committee for the Humanities) has supported a number of the Program's activites, including the Environmental Ethics Institutes
- Montana NSF EPSCoR provided generous support for the 2007 NSF Debating Science Conference
Donations are an important source of support for the Ethics and Public Affairs Program. If you enjoy the programs and are interested in supporting future speakers, events, and other activities, please consider contributing to the Program.
Donations to the Ethics and Public Affairs Program are managed by the UM Foundation; if you choose to donate, please remember to specify the Ethics and Public Affairs Program as the recipient on the Foundation's form.
If you are a business owner and would like to support the Ethics and Public Affairs Program as a part of corporate charitable giving, please contact us.