The Mansfield Center will use Blackboard Collaborate to provide a live stream of our Fall 2014 Conference worldwide. Blackboard Collaborate is free for our viewers.
Logging Into the Livestream Session:
Please note that while you can download Blackboard Collaborate before the conference, you will only be able to login to the livestream during the conference, September 10-12, 2014. We recommend logging in 15-20 minutes (depending on connection speed) before the scheduled start time of an event to allow adequate time for any necessary downloads.
- Go to: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2008093&password=M.8DC517E5B62970C70F30D07C99EA49
- Under “Step One: Get Required Software” select your operating system and select “get software.” The download time is 20 minutes on 56kbps dial up and 1.5 minutes on high speed.
- Once the download is complete, open the installer and install the program. Give administrator permission if asked for it.
- Under “Launch Session,” click on “Open Software.” You may be prompted to update your java again but can click on “update later” to skip this. It may take a minute or two for the next window to open.
- Select “Run application” when prompted to run or save.
- Accept the user agreement.
- You may be prompted by Windows Security or another program to allow firewall access. Choose allow.
- Choose your connection speed.
- You'll be shown a Session Login window. Type in your name and location (ie, Sally Sample, Missoula MT) and select Log In.
Resizing The Video Image:
- Above the video window, open the menu and select “detach panel.”
- Click and drag on the edge or corner of the new window to adjust it to the size that you want.