External Scholarships and Fellowships
For information about the following scholarships, contact:
Laure Pengelly Drake
Coordinator for Writing Center Programs, External Scholarships, and Advising
(406) 243-6140; LA144
FOR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI
- UM alumni can also work with our office for the preparation process and official university nomination letters.
- More scholarship information is available on the websites for individual scholarships, which you can find easily under the scholarship name. Look for other possibilities on the databases below, and then connect with our office to discuss your options.
- External Scholarship Program (2017-2018 deadlines)
- Scholarships and Fellowships in Peace and Security
- USA and International Teaching Fellowships and Post-Graduate Internship Experiences
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- Guidebook to Studying Abroad for Graduate School
- Scholarships for which non-citizens can apply
- Great Scholarship and Fellowship Databases:
Graduate Students: For graduate scholarships (see databases above), students should begin working on their application at least a year before the applications are due, which could be as early as late September for graduate school the following fall. The qualifications vary, but all require excellent academic, service, and leadership records. One test is that applicants should be strong candidates for top graduate programs in the US.
FOR FACULTY, STAFF, AND OTHER REFERENCE WRITERS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Alpha Lambda Delta
Phi Kappa Phi
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
George J. Mitchell Scholarship
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship awards one year of graduate study in any discipline at an institution of higher learning in Ireland.