Accessible Navigation. Go to: Navigation Main Content Footer


The following routine maintenance is generally performed on “State” buildings at no-charge.

Custodial Services: Facilities Services is responsible for the cleaning of all state-funded buildings, and after all activities held in these buildings.Certain basic services are provided at no charge (services for state funded buildings), however, due to limited resources, departments must be charged for additional services.

Grounds Maintenance: Snow removal, lawn maintenance, tree pruning, etc.

Exterior Maintenance and Repair: Building exteriors, sidewalks, lawns, etc.

Interior Maintenance: Interior finishes, building systems and fixed equipment.Fixed equipment does not include fixed equipment installations previously designed as departmental equipment.

Painting: Exterior and interior painting.The Office of Facilities Services maintains a 15-year repainting schedule for building interiors, however, because of limited funding, this schedule is not strictly adhered to.

Public Areas: Maintenance of a building’s interior public areas.

Recycling: Public areas and offices.

Utilities: Electrical distribution system, mechanical equipment, water and sewage distribution systems. Electrical systems will be maintained up to the room outlets. Management of heating and cooling schedules, and any schedule changes necessary to accommodate after-hours activity.

Please note: the electrical distribution systems in some campus buildings are already operating at their capacity.If you are contemplating the purchase of additional electrical equipment, which may draw a large amount of power (ultra-low temperature freezers, copiers, etc.), please contact Facilities Services to discuss the potential costs you may face to upgrade or modify the existing electrical distribution system in your building.


The Work Order Desk processes all requests for services and issues work orders for maintenance work in “State” buildings. Routine and preventive maintenance in state funded buildings is usually performed at no cost to the department.

To place a work order, either call
243-6091 which is staffed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout the work week or submit your request via the Online System.

online work order system

Activity Report

Contact Us

32 Campus Drive
Missoula, Montana 59812
Office: (406) 243-2788
Work Order desk: (406) 243-6091
FAX: (406) 243-6612