Chair:Linda Frey and Sandy Ross
Graduate Council meets every Wednesday 12:00p.m.,Gallagher Business Building, Room 202.
Contact the Faculty Senate Office to be added to the distribution list to receive meeting agendas and minutes.
Graduate Advising Guidelines
Graduate Increment Guidelines
- Promote, review, and evaluate graduate programs to ensure vitality, currency, and quality;
- Review and make recommendations on all requests for new programs, for deletions of programs, and for curriculum additions or changes by departments and schools;
- Consider suggested changes in Graduate School regulations;
- Consider issues raised by graduate students relating to regulations of specific graduate programs or their welfare;
- Initiate and supervise interdisciplinary graduate programs in response to national, regional, or state needs, or to the desires and needs of sufficient numbers of graduate students;
- Decide on substantive matters relating to graduate programs, curricula, general Graduate School regulations, awards and scholarships, etc., and forward decisions to the Graduate School, Faculty Senate, and the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs as appropriate.
Graduate Council consists of 12 faculty members, three graduate students, and the Graduate School administrator or the administrator's designee (ex-officio and non-voting). Each faculty member nominated to this committee shall have an appointment in a department or school with a graduate program and be active in that program.
1) Individual Interdisciplinary Program (IIP) Admissions Committee
The IIP Admission Committee is composed of five faculty members from any Schools or Colleges that offer graduate programs. The IIP Oversight Committee Chair shall be a member of the IIP Admissions Committee. At least three of the five faculty members shall be from different doctoral-granting programs. The IIP Admissions Committee shall be responsible for admitting students to the IIP.
2) IIP Oversight Committee
The IIP Oversight Committee is composed of Graduate Council doctoral program faculty. In concert with the Graduate School's Director of Interdisciplinary Studies, the committee provides oversight of the IIP Program and provides consultative guidance to the IIP Admissions Committee.