All students are required to complete Transit, an online interactive course designed to help students take control of their financial futures. To complete Transit, click the following link and complete all components of the course.
The Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education and the Montana University System require all students in the state of Montana to complete a series of three tutorials. To support this effort, UM requires education about alcohol, sexual assault prevention and financial literacy. The financial component of this education is a course called Transit.
The UM Financial Education Program is excited to partner with the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education and EverFi to bring you this opportunity. As the newest addition to The Office for Student Success, the Financial Education Program strives to help students at the University of Montana, Missoula College, and Bitterroot College take control of their financial futures.
We hope this course is useful and please keep us in mind when you have financial questions in the future. For individual assistance once you have completed Transit, call us at 406-243-6016 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who use Screen Readers:
Preliminary testing has revealed that this tutorial is not fully compatible with screen readers. To avoid glitches, students using screen readers are asked to contact Disability Services for Students (DSS) for specific instructions on completing the tutorial using a screen reader. Please contact DSS at 406.243.2243 or email@example.com.
Contact IT Central Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 243-4357.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, only use major web browsers that have been released within the previous two years.
- You can complete the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.