- Freshman entering UM with less than 30 credits
- Full-time student (12 or more credits)
- Pursuing a four-year degree at UM’s Mountain Campus
- Register for Freshman Orientation.
- Receive email from UM confirming your orientation registration. This email will have instructions for accessing the freshman course registration portal called “My Academics”.
- Log into “My Academics” and complete the GLI survey. Students must complete this by May 27 to be considered for the program.
Every student who completes the GLI survey has an equal chance of being chosen as a GLI Fellow beginning in the Fall Semester. Only a limited selection of students will be chosen. There is no application; only the GLI survey is necessary to complete. The eligibility criteria are listed above.
By early June, selected participants will be contacted via email and will be asked to confirm their participation. Selected students will be registered for their GLI Freshman Seminar prior to orientation.
Students who are not selected to participate may request continued consideration if another round of students is to be selected for the program.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeanne Loftus at 406-243-5679 or Jeanne.Loftus@umontana.edu.