- Freshman entering UM with less than 30 credits
- Full-time student (12 or more credits)
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree at UM’s Mountain Campus (GLI is a 4-year program)
- Be admitted to the University of Montana.
- All admitted students will receive an email from UM with instructions for accessing “My Academics".
- Log into “My Academics” and complete the Academic Interest Questionnaire, which includes questions about the GLI. Students must complete this survey May 27th to be considered.
Every student who completes the GLI survey has an equal chance of being chosen as a GLI Fellow beginning in the fall semester. Only a limited selection of students will be chosen. There is no application; only the GLI survey is necessary to complete. The eligibility criteria are listed above.
By early June, selected participants will be contacted via email and will be asked to confirm their participation. Selected students will be registered for their GLI Freshman Seminar prior to orientation.
Students who are not selected to participate may request continued consideration as more space may become available during the summer.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeanne Loftus at 406-243-5679 or Jeanne.Loftus@umontana.edu.