Public and Global Health
We hear about global health challenges every day- Ebola in West African nations, alarming rates of suicide and challenges to mandatory immunization policies. At the core of these challenges are access to health care, research on new approaches, rising health care costs and education.
Global Challenges Examples:
how to combat infectious diseases; how to turn the tide on debilitating conditions like obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease; how to ensure access to quality healthcare; how to give babies and kids a good start physically and mentally; how to promote an understanding of mental health; and how to create successful funding models for health systems.
How does this theme connect with GLI?
- Global Leadership Seminar Classes (first year)
- Reimagining Global Health: Biosocial Perspectives
- The Promise and Peril of Stem Cells
- Beyond the Classroom Experiences (third year)
- Capstone Team Projects (fourth year)
How does this theme connect beyond GLI?
Examples of opportunities within UM student groups, academic programs and Missoula organizations: