UM WorldFest Canceled
In response to our concern in doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19, we are canceling the UM WorldFest this spring. We look forward to seeing you next year!
WorldFest is one of the largest intercultural gatherings in Montana and showcases the rich international and cultural diversity on campus and in the community. WorldFest is a non-profit event, under the auspices of The University of Montana and produced by UM’s Global Engagement Office and UM’s International Student Association. We are excited to welcome onboard our new co-sponsor the UM Mansfield Center this year! Other sponsors include the University Center, UM Dining, Associated Students of UM (ASUM), Arts Missoula, UM Diversity Council, and others still to come.
WorldFest’s goal is to promote intercultural and global awareness and appreciation and to connect the residents of Montana, the UM community, and our international guests and partners with each other. We are excited to be able to offer free admission to the festival this year, and all events at the festival are free as well, with the exception of food fair purchases.
The event is on Sunday, March 29, from Noon – 4:00 PM in the University Center, on the UM Campus. WorldFest is our rebranding of the historic UM International Festival, and although WorldFest will be similar in many ways, the new name is more inclusive of all participants and highlights the evolution of the festival.
1) a festive live stage show “All the World’s a Stage”
2) an extensive and colorful exposition area called Global Connections Plaza with cultural displays and interactive information and “connect with us” booths
3) interactive Children’s World
4) WorldFest Films, a film festival with features for both adults and children, including some very special surprises!
5) …. and new this year: Taste-The-World Food Fair, featuring tantalizing home recipes by UM’s international community!
If you have any questions, please contact Mona Mondava at email@example.com or (406) 243-6141.