Transfer Procedures

Transfer Guidelines

"Transfer" means that a student is leaving one school for another. This can happen, for example, when a student completes his or her academic program at ELI and then goes on to undergraduate or graduate studies at another U.S. based university. If students wish to continue their studies at University of Montana, they should be sure they are conditionally admitted to UM. 

Students who wish to transfer must be in contact with both ELI and the school they are applying to. Both of these schools must be authorized to enroll international students by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.

Transfer to UM

To Transfer into UM-ELI you must:

  • Apply to the English Language Institute
  • Send the Program Coordinator at ELI your Transfer Request Form from your original institution
  • If you wish to attend University of Montana after your English language training, please apply for Conditional Admission.  
students at eli