International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation will be February 28th - March 4th.
Please make sure you have filled out the Orientation and Airport Pickup Form.
Day 1 of International Orientation: Thursday, February 28th
9:00 AM Welcome Meeting at International Student and Scholars Services Office, Lommasson Center 21
9:15 AM Tour of the UM Dining Services “Food Zoo”, and Breakfast, Lommasson Center
10:30 AM Immunization Check-In, Curry Health Center (with GEO staff). Bring medical records.
11:30 AM Get Your Student ID “Griz Card”, with Presentation of Services of the Griz Card (Note: please bring a photo ID & $15 to get your Griz card)
12:30 PM Tour of University Center (UC) “Food Court” and Lunch
2:00 PM Meet in front of Griz Card Office in UC to walk with guide for “Welcome to ELI” Meeting
2:15 PM Welcome to English Language Institute (ELI), International Center
3:00 PM Free Time: Explore Campus on Your Own or Take a Rest. Eat Dinner at Food Zoo.
Day 2 of International Orientation: Friday, March 1st
7:30-8:30 AM Free Time to Eat Breakfast in Food Zoo, Lommasson Center
08:45 AM Meet in International Students and Scholars Office (Lommasson 219) to walk to next part with Guide.
9:00 AM English Placement Exam in NAC 103 (Payne Native American Center 103)
12:00 PM Lunch at Food Zoo
1:30 PM Meet at International Students and Scholars Office for next Part
1:30 PM Campus Tour Part 1, and purchase tickets for optional theater event on Sunday
3:00 PM * Establish Bank Accounts at Missoula Federal Credit Union (30 minutes per student). Please bring your passport, $5 to open the bank account, and your dormitory address.
*Tour of University Center (Student Union Building) Services
5:00 PM End of Day 2 of Orientation. Please eat Dinner in the Food Zoo.
Orientation Weekend Activities
Saturday, March 2nd
Formal Details for Saturday will be announced, but activities include:
- Introduction to Missoula Community and Learn to Ride the City Bus
- Attend an American Movie at the Cinema with UM Student Volunteers
- Shopping trip to buy Essentials (including bed linens) with UM Student Volunteers
Sunday, March 3rd
Formal Details for Sunday will be announced, but activities include:
- 2:00 PM Optional Activity: Attend a Live Theater Play at the University of Montana Campus at the “Montana Theater”. See the Tony-Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning Comic Drama “August: Osage County”. Details will be given at orientation and we will help you purchase tickets. Cost of Play is $16.
- Welcome Party at the University’s International House, hosted by the International House student leaders and by UM Student Volunteers
- Return of borrowed Linens to Global Engagement Office at the Welcome Party
Day 3 of International Orientation: Monday, March 4th
8:30 AM Free time for Breakfast
9:30 AM Academic Meeting at English Language Inst., International Center, meet in lobby
10:30 AM Registration for Classes at English Language Institute, and pick up your Individual ELI Schedule.
12:00 Noon Free Time for Lunch
1:00 PM Immigration Documentation at ISS Office with Bodhi and Caroline. Remember to bring your passport and your I-20 or DS 2019 documents.
2:00 PM Campus Tour with UM Admissions Office
3:00 PM Helpful Hints for Success and Enjoyment at the University of Montana, with Mona Mondava, Global Engagement Program Coordinator
International Center 113
5:00 PM End of Orientation
1st Day of Classes For Spring Semester Session 2 @ ELI: Tuesday, March 5th
Please report to the classroom on your ELI schedule at the designated time