Anthropology - Applied Anthropology
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Anthropology
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/anthropology
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major/Option - MA/Anthropology/Cultural Heritage
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by January 15.
- Spring - Applications will be considered on a space available basis.
- Please contact the department to inquire about available space before filling out an application.
- Check with the program for availability and deadlines for applying.
- Satisfactory scores on a recent GRE (not more than 5 years old) are preferred. However, a student may petition the department to accept verifiable GRE scores more than 5 years old.
- The MCAT can substitute for the GRE.
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants and can substitute for the GRE.
- All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School.
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- A letter of intent showing a clear goal.
- Graduate Assistantship Application
The University of Montana
Social Science Bldg., Room 235
32 Campus Drive #5112
Missoula, MT 59812-5112