Anthropology - Linguistics
Graduate Program Application Information
Graduate Program - Anthropology
Program Website - http://life.umt.edu/grad/name/anthropology
NOTE - BEFORE APPLYING, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED APPLICANTS REVIEW THE "Admission Section" OF THIS SITE FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS.
Degree/Major/Option - MA/Anthropology/Linguistics
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by Januuary 15.
- Spring - Applications will be considered on a space available basis.
Please contact the department to inquire about available space before filling out an application.
- Check with the program for availability and deadlines for applying.
- Satisfactory scores on a recent GRE (not more than 5 years old) are preferred. However, a student may petition the department to accept verifiable GRE scores more than 5 years old.
The MCAT can substitute for the GRE.
The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants and can substitute for the GRE.
All official test scores must be sent to the UM Graduate School.
The following "Additional Application Materials" must be mailed directly to the department (address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. (We prefer electronic submission through the Admission Application. If electronic method is used there is no need to send paper copies to the department.)
- A letter of intent showing a clear goal.
- Graduate Assistantship Application
The University of Montana
Social Science Bldg., Room 235
32 Campus Drive #5112
Missoula, MT 59812-5112